AGC Travel Suspended Through September 1, 2020
Due to the current situation concerning COVID-19, American Green has suspended staff travel through September 1, 2020 (and perhaps longer).
And since so much of our business, and the FSC certification system in general, is tied to travel to our clients’ sites, we wanted to outline the possible impacts on how AGC does business and provides service to you during this crisis.
Is AGC Still Open?
Yes! Even though we aren’t traveling right now, we are still working out of our home offices. Please reach out to any of us during regular business hours with any questions you may have.
How Does This Travel Suspension Impact You?
For most of our clients, this is simply informative, so you are aware that our team may call you to discuss alternatives to an on-site visit when your target visit month rolls around.
For our clients who have travel scheduled already, or are on our travel calendar for upcoming months, we will be reaching out to you individually to discuss our options for you.
FSC International Approves Desk Reviews
FSC International has released a COVID-19-related interpretation of the multisite/group standard for internal audits, allowing us to conduct desk reviews in lieu of on-site reviews for existing multisite/group members. This interpretation is valid through December 31, 2020.
What This Means For AGC Clients
- We will be reaching out to all our sites/members scheduled for annual reviews between now and the end of July to see if you would like to take advantage of the desk review option. We will look at subsequent months, as appropriate from there.
- If you’re interested in the desk review option, contact Jess and we’ll get the process started.
- Keep an eye on your inbox for additional AGC updates as our global situation continues to unfold.
Exploring An AGC Pilot Program
In the spirit of exploring alternatives to travel, we are running a pilot program that involves mobile video auditing.
- Using FaceTime or WhatsApp (or similar program), one of your on-site staff will walk around with the video conferencing app open while our team conducts the audit in the same way that they would while on site (including staff interviews, site walk-around, etc.).
- We would couple this with the emailing of required documentation.
- These sessions would be recorded (held confidentially), and be used to create a white paper showcasing whether video audits could be effective, now and beyond the current crisis.
- If you be interested in participating in this pilot program, please contact us.
Like everyone else, we aren’t certain what’s next. We do know, however, that as a business, we simply need to make sure we’re part of the solution and do what we can to keep everyone safe. Thank you for your patience and for working with us as we look for alternative solutions for on-site audits.
If you have questions or would like to discuss more, please feel free to contact AGC’s president, Chris Gibbons, directly at email@example.com.